(close up of a new hand bound journal cover I am in the process of making)
Another year begins. It never ceases to amaze me how life moves along and the unexpected always happens (and somehow surprises me, because I expect things to remain constant despite knowing full well that they never are).
I begin the year with the knowledge that how things flow is largely dependent upon my own actions.
- I become disconnected from myself when I neglect my urge to create.
- Working with colour gives me joy and feeds me in a way that only it can.
- Meditation is not an option but a requisite.
- Discipline is the only path to accomplishment.
- Bliss is to be found everywhere, all the time.
- Shiva Paintstiks will rub off on your keyboard if you don’t wash your hands before typing.
- Ideas are like popcorn kernels; store them in a jar until you are ready to make them pop.
- Community, whether real or virtual, feeds the soul just as well as solitude; both are necessary to thrive.
Giving thanks to Effy Wild who went live on Ustream today and inspired me to create a new journal.
To a joyous, blissful, productive and enlightened new year.